Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Greenbrier Farms CSA: Week 4

Yesterday I completely forgot to pick up our CSA, so thanks to the guys at Community Tap for putting it in the fridge for us.


This week we received: three kinds of salad greens, leeks and green onions, kale, and broccoli. We still have spinach, green onions, and arugula from last week, so we need to eat some serious salad. Honestly I'm a little tired of salad and green onions, but that's part of eating with the seasons I guess. The kale will go in the freezer. I've been pretty busy too, so not much time to try anything new.


Tonight we made quick work of most of the broccoli. I've been wanting to try this recipe for Rustic Garlic Butter Pasta with Roasted Broccoli. It was very good. My only complaint is now its 9:45 and I'm starving again. This was the first time I roasted broccoli and I'll definitely do it again. Shaved parmesan is a nice treat.

Tomorrow night will be stir-fry with tofu, broccoli, green onions, arugula, snow peas from the garden, and a daikon radish from our friend Jessica. I'll probably fry the tofu in peanut oil, sauté the vegetables, then add the tofu with some teriyaki sauce and top with sesame seeds. Now I'm even hungrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...