Friday, January 20, 2012

Tofu Stir-Fry with Vegetables and Rice

Today was "make something with leftover ingredients day," so I put together a stir-fry. This is my very favorite tofu stir-fry recipe. Unfortunately I didn't have any asian vegetables on hand, but cooked what we had with the same method. I'm not a big tofu guy, but browning the tofu and coating with the rice vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce is pretty good.


We had half a block of tofu leftover in the fridge, so I browned that. Then added what was left of a bag of carrots, and from the freezer added broccoli and peas. Serve over rice and you have a pretty nice cheap and healthy meal. 


The part to watch out for is the soy sauce. I love soy sauce. I've been known to dip my sushi in a measuring cup of soy sauce. Unfortunately, one serving (1 tablespoon) is 1/3 the amount of sodium you should have in a day. So this meal could easily be enough sodium for a day or two or three if you're not careful. 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I want to pan fry some tofu. <3 Tofu. Kevin also loves soy sauce but he's started using low-sodium.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...