Friday, January 27, 2012

Brown Oyster Mushroom

My brother in law stopped by this evening bearing a gift.


That is an enormous clump of brown oyster mushrooms he found growing near downtown. The brown oyster likes cool damp weather like we've had recently. Needless to say, we'll be eating mushrooms with every meal for the next week. They're great for you and will be good in soup and on pizza.


It measures over 12 inches across. I wish I had a kitchen scale to weigh it, I'm sure it's several pounds. We'll eat what we can, share some, and then dry the rest. Thanks Leo!





1 comment:

  1. Tiffany! You are so brave - when I see mushrooms, all I think is, "THAT IS A FUNGUS!" haha. You will have to share a recipe...I want to like them, I just can't get my mind over it.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...