Sunday, January 8, 2012

January challenge: Week 1


Living off the leftovers of the holidays has made the first week of our January challenge pretty easy. We've enjoyed frozen Mexican burritos, leftover lentil soup, pizza, fajitas, delicious roasted sweet potatoes with quinoa, and homemade granola. Most of the ingredients we had on hand so we only spent about $30 for the week and ate well. We're running out of some staples (almonds, soy milk, rice, fruit and vegetables) so this next week will be more interesting.

This past week, the biggest things I've realized are my particular food cravings throughout the day. And previously I'd be going to the grocery store most days to purchase that food item I craved. Now that I'm being very deliberate in what we eat and what we spend, I have to deny many of those food cravings. There's probably deeper lessons here, but I'll save those for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...