Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Greenbrier Farms CSA: Week 3

Well the past two days we've finally gotten rain. My garden is happy and my rain barrels are full once again. I've been picking a handful of snap peas from my garden every day and i'm getting ready for (hopefully) a whole lot of beans and tomatoes here soon.


We just received our third installment of our CSA. This week we got a couple kinds of lettuce, spinach, arugula, green onions, bread, and rainbow chard. Chard is one of my least favorite things, someone please tell me how to make it taste good. Otherwise, I think we're just going to eat a ton of salad this next week. So far the amount of vegetables has been pretty much perfect for two people. We finish almost everything just in time for the next batch.

I hear huckleberries and peaches are ripe or almost there. Scheming to make some more preserves. Also planning to buy a few pounds of spinach, kale, and snap peas at market to freeze for winter soups and stir fries. Next year I know to plant way more. Also have been going through frozen strawberries like crazy since I started going to the gym and drinking smoothies afterward. I think I can still snag a bucket or two to freeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...