Thursday, May 10, 2012

Coconut Curry Paneer

Our friend Gloria started a new blog called Foodie Gone Vegan and posted a delicious Indian recipe. I wasn't feeling very vegan tonight, so I made it slightly less healthy. Tiff and I enjoy paneer, an Indian cheese. You can make it yourself or pick some up at the Indian grocery. I've found most Indian recipes you can kinda interchange chicken, paneer, tofu and sometimes chickpeas.


You can't even begin to imagine how good this smells. Coconut milk, basil, garlic, and all those Indian spices. I didn't have chili sauce, but added a little garam masala. I also used cashews instead of peanuts because I had those on hand. I added the cashews at the beginning so they'd get a little soft. Also the basil so that flavor would get all over everything.


Delicious paneer. You know it's authentic when they get it from a freezer in the back and its in a ziploc bag. I paid $8.99 for a couple pounds I think. This'll make three meals.


Added the paneer and some baby bella mushrooms. And a little salt to taste. This meal takes almost no prep work. Just throw everything in. This is my new favorite Indian recipe to make at home.

Yum. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...