Sunday, March 11, 2012

Why I Eat Healthy

So I can enjoy a slice (or two) of key lime pie. During the college basketball games his weekend, Publix has been pushing their pie pretty hard. So they had me ready and salivating by the time we went grocery shopping today. I'm not a key lime aficionado, and I'm sure their pie doesn't compare to a good homemade recipe, but dang this pie is good. I guess you could make your own, but at $6.50 each, I'm good to just let them do the work.


And no, there's not much healthy about it.


If you're a coffee drinker, try your key lime pie with some beans from Africa. I made a french press of Counter Culture beans from Ethiopia (I think, threw away the packaging). From what I know of them, Counter Culture seems to be a great company and I enjoy their product. I've found their coffee sold locally at Coffee and Crema and at The Fresh Market. Coffee beans from Africa (Ethiopia, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, etc.) have a citrusy quality which typically makes them a good paring for key lime pie, lemon bars. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...