Thursday, March 15, 2012

Steak and Potatoes

These days, we don't eat red meat too often. But my philosophy is if I'm going to eat red meat, I'm going to make it count! Tonight we had New York strip steak, roasted carrots, field greens and purple potatoes. It was top notch and super easy.


We found the organic purple potatoes at Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery a month ago, but I kept them in  a breathable bag hanging in the pantry, so they kept well. They have a thicker skin, but you peal them just like a regular potato. They taste like a musky sweat potato, they're definitely unique. And good for you. I prepared them just like regular potatoes, boiling the potatoes and then mixing with butter, salt and a splash of cream.

I stumbled on the multi-colored carrots at Publix, they were $2 for a small bag and I just roasted them on the grill with the steak. The greens are just greens with a splash of balsamic. 

The steak is organic New York strip, $12 at Publix. We've found that because organic meat is more expensive, we eat smaller quantities. Which is fine with us. I eat a steak like this a few of times a year, but I have big healthy soup plans for this weekend again, so this won't become a habit.

No, I'm not going to tell you how I cooked the steak, because red meat will kill you.



1 comment:

  1. You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found that most people will agree with you.

    Gourmet Secrets

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...