Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Too Much Chocolate Cake

I made this cake weeks ago, for New Years. I haven't gotten around to posting it, but really, what's a better day to post a delicious cake like this? It's Mardi Gras a.k.a. Fat Tuesday! It's the perfect day for a delicious Too Much Chocolate Cake!

So chocolately. So delicious.

All my ingredients. Note that the recipe calls for chocolate chips and because a review I read, i used mini chocolate chips. Good idea.


Mixing


Mixing.


And more mixing.


It was a THICK mixture and I plunked globs of the stuff into this bundt pan. (Fun fact: got that pan from a yard sale.)




Out of the oven. Mike eyes the cake. "Hey," he says, "should you cut the excess off the top so the cake sits flat?" Well, no, because I had put the cake on a plate (which is a bit concave) instead of a cake platter (which, I assume, is flat).

Insert sad face here. He wanted to eat the extra bits o' cake. :)


I held a mesh strainer over the cake and poured the powder sugar in. It made a nice dusting on top of the cake.


And voila. Delicious NYE cake. And me, before I got ready for our little party. (Here's an after. ^_^) 

What I would have done differently? Nothing. It was amazingly delicious. Rich, but not too rich that I couldn't cut myself a huge slice. It stayed nice and moist for several days until it was gone.

I probably ate half that cake and it was nice.

You can find the recipe here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...